Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Story #3: Bad habits - Smoking

This here is one bad habit that really should be taken into consideration. It is something observed outside of me, yet the harm in it subdues me sometimes.

Smoking is considered one of many bad habits ever to be practiced. I learnt that the price to pay for is very high, the cost is death. My grandfather died recently because of lung cancer. He smokes 3 packets of cigarettes a day during his time. He died younger than my maternal grandfather, who is currently older and much fitter than him because he smokes less.

Another incidence is that of my friend. I try to talk him out of smoking, but to no avail. He says smoking is to relieve stress, depression, loneliness and such. But in my personal opinion, smoking itself worsens the effects of stress and depression a lot more than it helps.

This habit not only endangers the smoker's life, but also to people around it. It is very serious, and must be put to a stop at once.

No comments:

Post a Comment