Saturday, June 18, 2011

Tuesday 14/06/2011

I was feeling quite stressed out. My days has been so stressful so much these days. I was 10 minutes late to class, because somebody told me that THTR101 started at 10.30am. So I was feeling double stressed today.

Nevertheless, Mr Rey instructed me to takes note of what the others were doing, and join in. So I observed every single person was doing a specific sport. So, I chose squash, since nobody was doing it. Doing it in slow motion, fast motion, and play it like I'm having a championship. The last ball, the crucial, ball, that determines the victory or defeat.. Showing the emotions where it was either defeat, or victorious, then we shook out.
Personal comments: Venting out on the defeat part was what I needed.

Class was divided into groups of 2. We had to work on proxy. My group was me and Leanne. We decided on a Bus Scene. Imagine on a bus, on a rocky road, crossing bumps, stopping for passengers, sudden halts. Yeah I think I did mine well. Learnt the Michael Jackson Walk, as what Mr. Rey called it. We swat mosquitoes next. Got bitten by them, and a whole swarm was hovering upon us and we have to swat them all. FuN.
Personal comments: Mime walking was the real name. It looks like shuffling + moonwalking.


Later, we worked on something new again. This was an abstract piece as Mr. Rey termed it. While music is played, we made lines, circles, and clumps with our bodies with various styles and positions. Mr Rey played 2 different types of music, each transitions we did follows the type of music played. Example, if it was a happy piece, we gracefully danced out of each formation. If was a soulful piece, we moved swiftly through space with deep emotions.
Personal comments: As usual, I love the last part of class. The abstract piece really cranked me up ready for more.

End of class.

No comments:

Post a Comment